So think happy.

So think happy.

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Time moves us on.

Since the last post in 2016 and throughout the excellent teachings forced on me by the very unskillful boss I just had, I have really come to re-evaluate my life and what I want to do with it.  I want to work with people, on people, for people, about people. Hope that makes sense but I don't want to just work with people anymore, I want my work to be about people. How we think, how we work together and get along - and to try and make all this better.

I know that the Dharma works. I know that meditation works. I know that coaching works. So I have been looking for a way to combine all this into a job. I started my own business call Coaching For Grit.  www.coachingforgrit.com.au. Thinking that I would quit my current job and go to work for all of humanity as a coach. Life Coach!  But then, the universe throws me a fish!!!! A job as a Buddhist Chaplain with the Australian Defence Force presented itself.

I was not going to let this chance get away. I applied the same day. Sat interviews, gained endorsement from my Buddhist community and sat back and waited. A few weeks later I received a letter saying I was accepted - Oh My Buddha!!!!

This job comes with four years of paid training to be a Buddhist Chaplain. A year of fulltime Buddhist Studies, a year of fulltime counselling studies and two years of Chaplaincy studies and work placement. I start in Jan 20.

I will still continue to grow my coaching business on the side and see where that goes. I will also be doing weddings on the side as I will also gain my Celebrant license so I can conduct weddings for work but will be able to do them on the side also. There are so many opportunities here - but the absolutely main things which really has changed my life. This job is exactly what I am now looking for in life, a chance to work with other people about what really matters, themselves. Their feelings, their stories, their behaviour towards themselves and others, how they see themselves and how they see the world has such a profound impact on how they live in the world that nothing is more important.

Thanks for reading and I'll keep you posted on my next huge step in life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment